Energetically charged jobs
innovate & in demand
Support us in the integration of renewable energies into the power supply and design with us the "Energiewende" (energy transition)!
We are searching for:
Java Software Engineer (m/f) for Virtual Power Plants
Development and programming of software modules for Virtual Power Plants in Java.
- Software developer with several years of professional experience or career starter
- Good programming skills in Java
- Completed university studies desirable
- Experience in the areas of software architecture (microservices, self-contained systems), message queuing (e.g. RabbitMQ), NoSQL data bases (e.g. Cassandra), GWT, Errai, AngularJS, High-Availability, Load-Balancing
- Moreover experience with non-relational databases is an advantage
- Desirable is knowledge about energy markets, renewable energies and the control of industrial facilities (e.g., cooling houses, combined heat and power plants)
- Ability to work independently and in a goal-oriented manner
- Great level of commitment and team spirit
Application Administrator (m/f) for Prediction Systems
- Setup of wind and solar power predictions for new customers
- Maintaining existing prediction portfolios in agreement with customers
- Implementation of new forecasting products in operational operations
- Maintenance of applications, error analysis and rectification
- Participation in 24/7 on-call duty
- Cooperation with development team
- Qualified IT specialist / completed IT degree / comparable qualification
- Ability to work responsibly on own projects and in a goal-oriented manner
- Communicative and outgoing personality
- High degree of operational readiness and teamwork capability
- "In the field" IT knowledge of Linux systems; fundamental knowledge of Python is an advantage
Web Developer (m/f) for Renewable Energy
Development of our web applications
- Software developer with several years of professional experience
- You should be familiar with some of the following technologies:
- Frontend development with typescript
- Single-Page-Webapps with Aurelia, Vue.js or Angular
- Responsive-Design with Semantic UI or Bootstrap
- Backend development with Python, MySQL, Postgis or Cassandra
- Continuous Deployment with Gitlab and Docker
- It would be great if you are also interested in things like:
- Open API (Swagger) driven development
- OAuth 2.0
- Ability to work independently and in a goal-oriented manner should come natural to you
- Great level of commitment and team spirit complete your profile
Moreover, we are always searching for creative minds who fit in with our company. Regardless of whether you are new to the job market or have job experience, contact us if you wish to work in the areas of market and network integration of renewable energies.
Above all, knowledge in the following areas is interesting to us:
- Meteorology, boundary layer meteorology, numerical weather forecasting, energy meteorology etc.
- Energy market: energy trading, balancing energy market, balancing group management etc.
- Decentralized energy management: control and regulation of industrial plants, data standards IEC etc.
Bachelor or Master thesis
If you would like to write your diploma, bachelor or master thesis about a current question in the renewable energies, you are right with us! We offer students the opportunity to write your paper in our company. In our development projects, you can work on new ways to integrate renewable energies into the power supply.
- Physics / Meteorology
- Computer science
- Engineering (especially business and electrical engineering)
• Varied and challenging job in a highly motivated team
• Flat hierarchies, short decision paths and flexible working hours
• Opportunity to contribute and develop your potential and your own ideas
• Normal salary plus benefits such as company pension and sport subsidy
• Appreciative work environment with many common activities
• Collaboration on meaningful tasks in the growing market of renewable energies
• Attention to ecological values such as the issue of bicycle vouchers, preference for train journeys instead of flights
• Free supply of drinks, organic fruits and snacks
• Personal workplace design: displays, keyboards, development tools used
• Individual training opportunities
• Fair working conditions, great transparency, focus on high employee satisfaction
Application deadline: We are always accepting applications.
You feel addressed and want to design with us the energy transition?
Then send your application documents (preferably by e-mail) to:
energy & meteo systems GmbH
Dr. Matthias Lange