Our Virtual Power Plant
for distributed energy sources
energy & meteo systems is a pioneer in the development of the Virtual Power Plant and is the world-wide leading provider today. With our technology, portfolios with a total capacity of several dozen gigawatts are controlled, monitored, and marketed.
Our Virtual Power Plant enables the flexible connection, coordination, and control of renewable and conventional production facilities, storage systems and consumers in a control centre. The real-time visualization of generating and consuming actions, the inclusion of power predictions and remote control are the basis for monitoring of the energy group and its efficient marketing to various markets (spot, intraday, balancing power market).
You use our power plant as a software-as-a-service solution and do not need your own infrastructure. energy & meteo systems configures the Virtual Power Plant according to your individual needs and ensures the connectivity of generating facilities, storage systems and consumers. Of course we also assume the hosting and 24/7 hour operations for you.
Learn in the interactive diagram how our Virtual Power Plant works:
- Bundling of decentralized power sources such as wind, solar or biomass and controllable loads into a high-performance portfolio
- Representation of input data in real-time including the plausibility checks and corrections
- Incorporation of power forecasts for wind and solar power
- Optimized meta forecasts from several individual wind and solar power predictions
- Provision of a web interface for the reporting of site outage (for example maintenance intervals) to take into account in the production schedules
- Interface for various energy markets towards the direct portfolio marketing
- Certified connection to EPEX Spot via API (M7, ComXerv)
- User defined remote controllability of all installations and consumers
- Software-as-a-service with 24/7 service
- ISMS-Certification according to ISO/IEC 27001:2017
Operational purpose and business models
Possible areas of implementation
- Monitoring and data management of power portfolios
- Direct marketing of wind and solar power, conventional power-generating technologies, storage systems and flexible loads at the spot, intraday and balancing power markets
- Demand side management solutions with flexible electricity consumers
- Control center for grid operators for monitoring and remote control of wind and solar parks
We train you comprehensively in the usage of the Virtual Power Plant as well as in the power forecasts for wind and solar energy. Here, we offer goal-oriented training seminars at our offices or directly at yours.
Would you like to learn more about the flexible field of applications of our Virtual Power Plant?
Please give us a call: Tel. +49 441 249 210 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A good overview of how our virtual power plant works can be downloaded here: